What are the visas in Panama for friendly nations? They are based on a list of various countries which are called friends as citizens belonging to them, have facilities and right to apply for residence visa in Panama. This option is the fastest and cheapest way to get a residence in the country.
If you’re planning to move to Panama as an option to start a new life, you may not know that the Republic of Panama has created a Program for Permanent Residence which benefits the citizens of several countries, granting them permanent resident status, identification Panamanian and right to request a work permit indefinitely, with only meet a few requirements.
This is the complete list of all Panama’s friendly nations
Requirements to apply for Panama’s Friendly Nations Visa:
The citizens of the list of friendly nations applying for this visa for permanent residence and want to perform economic or professional activities in Panama, must prepare certain documents legalized before traveling, such as:
- History or criminal record.
- Marriage certificate.
- Birth certificates.
- School grades (if applicable with children).
- Identification copy from your country.
These documents must be apostilled (Hague Convention) or legalized by the Consulate of Panama in your country.
Benefits of Friendly Nations Visa:
- Permanent residence. It applied once to migration, receiving resident status “for life” without annual repetition.
- Panamanian identity card. Once the process is completed before the National Immigration Service of Panama, you will receive certificate of “E”.
- Work permit. Once approved, you can ask the Ministry of Labour of Panama for a “Work Permit for life” without restrictions and without requiring staff of a Panamanian company.
The processing time takes about 6 to 8 months. At the time of being in process, the government grants a temporary residence permit and after this, you will receive a national identity card, which means you become a part of the permanent residents in Panama and the best of all is that after 5 years, you can apply for naturalization.
Citizens of countries mentioned above, only need to make an application to the Government of Panama to obtain permanent residence.
In addition to this visa, you can even work legally in Panama and not only you can apply for this visa, but all dependents as:
- Wife / or the principal applicant.
- Children under 18 years.
- Children with disabilities.
- Children between 18 and 25 years registered in Universities.
There are other alternatives for citizens of countries that are not on the list of friendly nations, for example, the retirement visa, opening a business, a bank account and investing in real estate in the country.